Don’t Transmit… VaultConnect
A secure alternative to email and public file sharing applications like Dropbox.
All of the convenience, none of the risk.
What’s the problem with email?
Email is the main way people communicate at work. In fact, in 2015 over 200 billion emails were sent and received each day worldwide. And businesses, especially professional services firms, are custodians of a lot of sensitive data, which includes both proprietary (e.g intellectual property) and personal data (e.g. financial, identity, income / employment status).
The cost of data leaks can be large, in the form of intellectual property loss and costly litigation – particularly under The General Data Protection Regulation from May 2018.
Email is the tool of choice of cyber criminals wishing to either infect your IT systems or to fool staff into making payments / disclosing information.
It’s easy, it’s an every day tool and its convenience means that a large percentage of data leaks happen via email, many accidentally:
- Someone replies all when meaning to send a private message
- A member of staff chooses a client instead of teammate who has a similar name
- Or somebody doesn’t realize how confidential certain data is.
What’s wrong with Dropbox (and similar public file sharing applications)?
Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive and other public file-sharing apps are hugely popular due to their convenience.
Being able to store and share documents with co-workers or friends with the click of a few simple buttons is a great thing, but unfortunately — like most tech innovations — it comes with some risks, too.
However many people are unaware of the security risks. Accidentally revealing confidential information or personal data to employees of a client would be horrifying – but easily done. For example:
- You send a link to a file to another person, but that person can share the link with other people if not correctly locked down. It’s also not always clear what has / hasn’t been shared and when – particularly troublesome if you have a team sharing working with many clients
- You lose your computer or phone (or your client loses theirs) making it possible for strangers to access data contained within the Dropbox (or similar app) folder
- If a cyber-attack compromises a machine it can gain access to the file-sharing app’s folder on that machine
Did you know that employees of your favourite file sharing application have access to your files stored on their servers?
Don’t Transmit … VaultConnect
Simple and intuitive – a secure alternative to email. Like Dropbox, but compliant and completely secure.
With VaultConnect you can securely exchange and deliver files and information with anyone with complete confidence. It is cloud-based and can be used on any modern browser. With military grade encryption and advanced security, access is safe, compliant and convenient.
End-to-end Encryption – confidential data is stored in the cloud, preventing unauthorised access at all times.
Data Privacy Compliance – UK based data centres with full compliance with The General Data Protection Regulation and Solicitors Regulation Authority guidelines
Enterprise Infrastructure – multiple data-centres with automatic fail-over in each location
Granular security controls – only your authorised users can access data and you retain full ownership / control of all information added to a Vault
Simple, Intuitive and Smart – convenient and easy to work with – users feel right at home in minutes. No file-size or traffic limits, real-time notifications for ease of communication.